Have you ever stopped to think about your body and what it is? You go about your daily life, expecting to work, live, move, and be healthy. Do you starve or feed your body? Rest or restrain it. Bless and/or curse?
I challenge you to stop and ponder on these ten things, and you will probably appreciate your body more. Maybe even adjust the way you treat yourself. One step at a time.
The body is....
1. An encasement for our basic body parts. The head, neck, torso, arms and legs.
2. Our covering, shield, and protection. It houses our organs and it's systems.
For example, sensory organs help us see, hear, taste, touch and smell.
3. We live, move, and breath within this frame.
4. Our outward expression. We are unique. There is no one else like us.
5. Fearfully, and wonderfully made. Who can fully grasp or understand it's idiosyncrasies?
6. A healer. For example, if you cut your finger it bleeds, a scab forms and it heals.
7. The body has the ability to create cells and grow.
A child is born. Toddlers become Teenagers. The cycle of life continues.
8. Has a timeline. It will not last for ever. It can be altered, hurt, or destroyed.
9. Needs nourishment to survive.
We must respect and treat the body with care. To do what we can to sustain and maintain it.
10. A weapon. We can choose to love with it, or strike with it.
When we love ourselves, we will love others. Let's not choose to hurt.
I challenge you to reflect on the power, the depth, and the individuality of YOU!
Do your best to protect, and preserve this suigeneris structure that we live in.