Vinegar has been used for a long time as a household remedy for many different ailments, and as a disinfectant. White vinegar also called distilled vinegar is clear in color, while apple cider vinegar is brown. Both contain less than 10 % acetic acid, and the balance is made up of water.
Here we will focus on apple cider vinegar and it's benefits.
1. Skin blemishes and warts. The suggested method is to dilute the ACV (apple cider vinegar) and water as 2:1. Place the liquid on a cotton ball and put it over the area. Seal with a bandaid or tape. Best to try this at night. Repeat if needed until the wart falls off.
NOTE: Please test on a small area of skin first, as an allergic reaction is possible with any natural product.
2. Improve scalp and help with dandruff. Mix a couple of tablespoons of ACV with water. After shampooing and conditioning, pour the liquid over your hair and work it into your scalp. Let it sit for a couple of minutes, and then rinse.
ACV is a natural anti-biotic and is made from fermented apples.
3. Upset stomach. Mix 1-2 tablespoons of ACV with a glass of water, or make like a tea to drink with a little honey. Try taking a few times a day or until symptoms improve. Be careful not to drink too much as ACV is also highly acidic and can burn, and damage tissue.
4. Detox your body. It can help promote circulation and detoxify the liver. The acid in ACV can also bind to toxins which can assist in removing toxins from the body.
Use the guidelines already recommended for stomach ailments.
5. Laundry detergent. Use 1/4 cup fo ACV (or white vinegar just as good) per load of laundry. It is a natural and safe alternative to commercial detergents.
Remember that both substances are very acidic and should be used in moderation and always diluted with water.