Winter can be long, cold, dark, and dreary. Many people have a hard time emotionally due to the lack of sunlight. Some tend not to go outdoors because it may require putting on many layers of clothing. Others just take their workout indoors in order to avoid gaining those seasonal pounds.
The changes in the seasons can be fun and prevent boredom. After winter comes spring, and with it these five positive steps.
1. Skip in your step. The sun is warmer and brighter, and there is the anticipation of change, new birth, freshness, and longer hours of light.
2. Flowers begin to grow again, after seemingly "dying" over the winter. Nature miraculously regenerates itself. Crocuses, daffodils, tulips, and forsythia suddenly appear. Purples, yellows, ruby, and white.
Maybe we should recreate ourselves too?
3. Time to clean out the closets, store those winter clothes, and recycle. Wipe down the baseboards and walls, clean out the shed. Prepare to embrace the new season.
4. Clocks spring forward one hour, extending our evening light. Communities reappear outdoors.
5. Moods and mindsets are more positive. New ideas, creative gardens, home renovations, and so much more.
Take time to be thankful for the season, enjoy the moment, and find the positive, even when it seems hard.