Are you one to get aches and pains in your back, legs, or shoulders and can't figure out what you can do to help? Or what about painful feet or twitching arms? Could it possibly have to do with posture? If you have not examined this possibility before let me help point you in the right direction. You might want to be standing up for this one.
Stand up next to a mirror so you can check your alignment and make any necessary adjustments.
1. Line up your ears with your shoulders.
2. Keep that back nice and straight. Remember your spine is your backbone and it is a vital link between the brain and the rest of the body. Together with the central nervous system, it controls bodily functions, including movement and behavior.
3. Eyes looking straight and forward.
4. Chin parallel to the floor.
5. Arms down relaxed at your side.
6. Hips and shoulders align with your ankles.
7. Weight distributed evenly on both sides of the body. Otherwise you will be out of balance.
8. Feet pointed straight ahead of you.
9. Body perpendicular to the floor.
How did you do? See anything that needs to be adjusted? Remember to be as relaxed as you can be and BREATH. Work on it! It will be worth it.....Make a more conscious effort to walk, tall, straight, and upright. It will help boost your confidence as well as open up your body to function more efficiently.