There is so much talking, posting, and discussion, circulating around the present spread of the Corona Virus, it can be a very difficult time for most. We have been asked to put the kibosh on unnecessary trips and travel. The debacle has us practicing such things as "social distancing", the new buzz word for "keep your distance". Here are some simple precautions that we can all keep in mind during this time.
1. Minimize contact with others as much as possible. It sounds really weird to say this, especially when before the outbreak we would be saying the opposite. "Get off the electronics and interact.!"
2. Work from home. In this age of technology, many of us are able to continue in our jobs during this outbreak.
3. Put off any none essential appointments. If they can be pushed out, then do so.
4. WASH your hands often WITH soap, massaging for 20-30 seconds at a time, and then rinse.
5. Drink plenty of fluids especially water. And stay away from "high sugar or high caffeine" drinks.
6. Why do we wait until we have a sore throat before we do either of the following? Try gargling with one of these solutions. They both can assist in removing bacteria and prevent infection.
Vinegar: Mix a few tablespoons of vinegar in 6- 8 oz of water and swish small amounts for about 20 seconds. Do not swallow. Remove from the mouth. Repeat.
Salt: Mix 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon with 6-8 oz of water and follow the same steps for rinsing with vinegar.
7. Make healthy food choices. Fruit instead of bread, chips, or candy. Vegetables instead of white starch. You get the picture.
8. Fresh air and sunlight. Take a walk, ride a bike. Sit outside.
C.V. or no C.V. these guidelines will definitely help you See Victory as you become more health-conscious.