Giving back implies that you have received something from your community, or someone, and you are wanting to acknowledge that. In response you may contribute back to your community, group, school, or sports team for example so that others experience receiving.
In doing so, your life may be enriched as you help enhance other people's lives.
Here are a few good reasons to get involved.
1. A chance to meet new people, and make friends along the way. Learn about different cultures and traditions. You will get an education AND be enriched as a person.
2. There are always others who may be less fortunate or who might be going through a harder time than you. Somehow your problems seem to deem in the light of theirs.
3. Healing of self often takes place as we reach out and "touch" others.
4. The world would be a better place when more people give of their talents, gifts, time, or money.
5. What you sow, you will reap. What goes around comes around. Return it.
Keep the world ticking and turning!