We are complex beings with many layers and have the ability to experience different kinds of feelings and emotions.
Level one is knowing and having an awareness of self. Recognizing uniqueness, and value.
Level two, is an extension of self, how we interact with others.
These dealings can be influenced by different factors.
1. Our knowledge and understanding of self. If we are comfortable with who we are, this will be reflected in our relationships with others.
2. Upbringing. A large family, or no siblings. Living with grandparents. These relationships help prepare us for those outside the home.
What we see modeled before us, is how we will in turn relate to others.
3. Culture and Traditions. This includes the beliefs and customs of a particular group, place, or time.
It can be where, and what we are born into, or where we choose to live.
4. Experiences both good and bad. Bitter circumstances can make us more bitter or better. How we handle these happenings will determine our outward connection with others.
5. An individual's perception of their world. Do you tend to see the glass half full, or half-empty? If you tend towards the latter, maybe try and shift to the other side a little.
6. Are you a risk-taker, or more cautious when it comes to life and it's decisions?
The choices we make will ultimately not only impact us as individuals but also those around us.
Despite our weaknesses and strengths, likes, and dislikes, one thing I believe for sure is that we need to treat others the way we would like to be treated. With kindness, patience, compassion, and understanding.
What a better place the world would be when we choose to LIVE this way!