Here are seven factors that will help you determine your START!
1. Pick a time that will work best for you.
Are you a morning or a night person? Can you exercise during your lunch break?
2. Where will you workout? Do you want to be indoors or outside? At home or at the gym?
You might consider walking in your neighborhood, at the local park, or on a school track.
3. Are you self motivated, or do you need accountability? Consider joining with a friend, or going to the gym.
4. How much time do you have?
You don't need to spend a lot of time to see results.
Doing "something" is better than doing nothing at all!
5. How often?
One day on, and one day. Three days a week in total.
Twenty to thirty minutes a day, 3 times a week WILL make a difference!
6. Do you want to spend some money, or not at all? It doesn't cost to take the stairs or walk to work. You can consider purchasing a few items for a home workout, such as free weights, jump rope, or resistance bands.
Joining a gym can range from $10 per month, all the way up to a few hundred dollars. It really depends on what you are looking for.
7. Do you have any limitations or needs that would determine where and what activity you do?
A swimming pool, is a good option for a low impact workout.
*Before making any changes to your routine, please consult with your doctor!