You have been doing so well with your daily nutritional intake. You feel good and are in the groove. What happens when you go on vacation, have a business trip, or just get derailed for a day? What can you do to try and stay on or get back on track?
Here are some tips to keep in mind when making food choices.
1. Start your day off right - eat a healthy breakfast. At least have some fruit in the a.m.
2. Plan ahead. Schedule your appointments and make sure you factor in refuel times.
3. Don't allow yourself to go hungry.
Pack a protein bar, apple, or cheese stick to "carry" you over.
4. Stay hydrated. Carry water with you.
5. Set an alarm to remind you to eat at your regular times.
6. If you are going to eat a "heavy" meal, have it earlier in the day rather than later, so you have time to digest it.
6. Avoid having dinner too late. Before 6 p.m. is best.
7. Make sure your plate has a lot of color - vegetables and/or salad.
8. Take a smaller plate - portion control - no seconds.
9. Leave the heavy sauces, gravies, and salad dressings for someone else.
Trust me it works! AND you will feel so much better.