There are many different kinds of protein bars. They are a good snack choice when you find yourself on a low mid-morning or afternoon. Enjoy before or after a workout.
Here are some characteristics that may help you decide which one to try.
1. The number of grams of protein per bar varies. It can be a low number like seven or as high as thirty grams. It all depends on your needs.
If you are doing a heavy workout you may need a bar with a higher gram count. Also your needs vary based on gender, weight, and goals.
2. Check the sugar levels. Some have added sugar.
3. There are flavors like, mint, coconut, chocolate chip, cookie dough, brownie, and lemon, to name a few.
4. Some bars are denser or "dryer" than others. Usually, the higher the protein, the dryer the bar. It is a good practice to drink a glass of water as you snack.
5. Brands to choose Zone Perfect, ThinkThin, Pure Protein, Quest, Nature Valley, Luna, and RX...and the list goes on.