Mark your calendar for seven days. I find this helps to get me motivated to reach my goal.
1. Pick a week where your workload and commitments are a little lighter than usual.
2. For the first two days, start by decreasing your portions and choosing lighter foods.
For example, if you eat 4-6 oz of lean protein at one meal sitting, cut it back to 2-4 oz.
3. By day 3 you should be getting ready to start cutting out ALL animal protein. Chicken, pork, red meat, eggs, and the like.
4. Day 4 and 5 eat ONLY fruits and vegetables.
Fruit in the am, and vegetables in the pm.
5. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water each day. More in the am than pm. This will help avoid nightly bathroom trips.
6. No soda, coffee, or caffeinated drinks. No sweets, cakes, or sugary foods.
7. You may have moments of feeling tired and irritable. This is normal. A 20-minute nap can help with this.