I don't think anyone plans on getting injured, hurt, or being housebound.
Not many enjoy being incapacitated, having to walk with crushes, or missing a major event or celebration.
Follow these measures to help ward off the mishaps.
Whether you have heavy or light workouts or none at all, you CAN still benefit from these tips.
1. Stay hydrated. Drink water throughout the day. Carry a bottle around with you, or plan on drinking a glass before and after each meal.
2. Stretch for a minimum of 10 minutes before and after a workout. Always have a warm-up and a cool-down time of about 5-10 minutes.
3. PACE yourself. Whether you are driving, working out, studying, or cooking.
Be MINDFUL of what you are doing and take your time!
4. Get between 7-9 hours of sleep a night. If you have a late-night, try and catch a 20-30 minute nap. You will feel better, think clearer, and accomplish more!
5. Strive to have a healthy diet. Eat plenty of fruits and veggies. Yes, this strengthens your body, by keeping your systems up and running properly.
6. Take a break. Many of us have full and busy schedules. It proves very difficult to stay at this pace.
Plan a break into your day.
It doesn't have to be an extended time. It is a period to "step aside", regroup, and reset for a few minutes.
A time where there are no demands, no lists, no questions.
You will be so thankful you did!