Is exercise a new venture?
Are you returning after a long break, or coming back after an injury?
Consider these six steps before you begin.
1. Check with your healthcare provider, to get the green light. Good health is the foundation for moving forward.
2. Slow and steady is the way to go. Too much too soon, can lead to injury.
3. Have the mindset that this is a lifestyle and not a quick fix. BE committed.
4. Set realistic goals that are manageable. If you are unsure, hire someone who can help you.
5. Find something you ENJOY. Walking the dog, gardening, bowling, or playing tennis for example. You will be more likely to stick with it.
6. Consider joining a "community" of beginners. Do your research. Try a gym, a running or biking club. Join with a friend or neighbor.