There are many forms of detox.
The liver helps detoxify the body.
The foods we eat can have a direct impact on our body's systems.
Are we healthy or hurting?
What about the influences that are "outside" the body?
Can we control them, and do they have the ability to affect us both positively and negatively?
1. Too much or constant noise can be grating and unpleasant. These sounds can damage sensitive structures in the inner ear, and cause noise-induced hearing loss.
Take a break. Turn the electronics off. Create a quiet space.
2. What we listen to. "Garbage in, garbage out." What we expose our minds to will become words on our lips. Choose life instead of destruction.
3. What we see with our eyes. Troublesome or disturbing images can "desensitize". Be watchful!
4. Trauma can have a long-lasting effect on our well-being. Seek professional help in this situation.
5. Unhealthy relationships can take their toll on a person. It is important to surround yourself with those who build up and encourage you, instead of tearing you down.
6. De-clutter your world. Whether that means your closet or your car, take care of it!
In doing these things, you will be taking charge of your own space and setting healthy boundaries.